Sunday, January 15, 2012

Home from Hospital!!! Surgery was a SUCCESS!!!

Whew, I will be the first to admit that surgery was a bit of an ordeal, but it's over now and PRAISE GOD, I'm home!!!!
I have a few photos...don't look if you have queasy stomach...there's a pic of me with NO MAKE UP!
Okay, here we have the bandage over the incision where the hip surgery was done & drainage tube from incision: I'm afraid that during surgery my blood pressure bottomed out & they had to quickly stick an IV in my jugular....FREAKY!! Obviously my blood pressure is now fine, thank God!
Amazingly, I came home Friday (the last time I had a similar surgery I was in hospital for 10-14 days!) & am doing well! Physical therapy began yesterday & therapist said I was doing well!! I'm very encouraged! I'm brave, as you can see...pics of me with no make up...like I said...BRAVE! Of course, I added cartoon glasses, but I still look like I'm 97 or so and have the lovely "I'm IN PAIN!" and "post anesthetic" glow...as is painfully obvious! Sorry, but I'm being real! For the record, my neck isn't that wrinkly, the tape used to keep that freaky IV in place had some sort of industrial type glue that bunched my neck & part of my face together for a few days..yuck!  (FYI, pic that was posted of me with no makeup while under influence of post anesthetic & pain drug delirium has been removed!!!) Oh yeah, I've had my hair in braids for weeks now...I wasn't able to get a hair cut (trim) prior to surgery &; it's much too long to have left to tangle .... now I realize it was a good thing because I think I might have lost a portion of the hair on the left side of my head had it gotten stuck in that industrial type glue in the tape on the jugular IV!!!!
OH WOW, I looked at that pic of me again...make that 197 that I look...and I must admit, I feel as haggard as I look at this juncture in time. LOL, what can I say?! Side effects of bone surgeries!!


NOW...for some fun, knitty type news! There's a new yarn store app for those of you who have an iPhone, iTouch, or iPad & it's my understanding that it's going to be available for other types of smart phones soon, too. I adore it! I don't know about the rest of you, but I always, always search for LYS in the town of my vacation and/or day trip excursions, as well as shops en route to the destination! Well, this app solves the problem...no need to search, it's all there in Yarn Store GPS AND it's only $2.99!!! I LOVE, LOVE it and HIGHLY recommend it! Run, run, run to itunes App Store & get it!!! You're gonna love it, promise! OH, and if you know of shops that aren't shown on the app simple let Jonelle of SWTC know!

3 comments:

hakucho said...

Yay! Glad your surgery is over! Hope you have a speedy recovery :)

Becka said...

OMGosh, I did it here, too...my pain meds are making me act weird & hallucinate... i posted yet another pic of me with no make up...I hope my dr returns my call soon because I'm so NOT taking this medication any more!!!

ibcmeir said...

We are so very glad your surgery was successful and that you are doing well. Bonus to see you blogging again.

Keep it UP!